Themed Fundraising Ideas for November
Around 25% or more of all annual giving in the U.S. occurs during the last three months of the year. Is your organization doing everything it can to draw attention to itself during the final months of the year? A great way to gain support for your fundraiser is to piggyback on existing holidays from October to December.
November Fundraiser Ideas
Organizing fundraising events takes time, so use this list to get a head start on your end-of-year fundraising. The more time you have to advertise your event, the better chance you have for success.
- No Shave November
- Movember (Consider partnering up with Cycle Sanpete!)
- Turkey Trot
- Thankful Giveaway
- Giving Tuesday
- Warmer Weather Vacation Raffle
- Fall flavored bake sale (Make things seasonal by only offering desserts that are pumpkin, apple, or chocolate flavored!)
- Fall Foliage Tour (Partner with a local orchard or pumpkin patch and sell specific tickets to the event)
- Pumpkin sale
- Apple basket sale (Support local farmers in the process!)
- Mums sale
- Pumpkin carving/decorating contest (Partner up with another local charity that handles livestock or caring for wild animals if you have a pumpkin carving contest, so then the pumpkins can be sent to the farm for the animals to enjoy!)
- Birdhouse decorating contest
- Harvest fest (Partner up with a local shelter or food bank and use clothing items or food donations instead of a cost for entry.)
- Community yard clean up
- Corn Maze
#GivingTuesday falls on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It is a well-known event. Set your donation page up to be easily accessible from your website and social media. Don’t forget that a branded donation page generates a 36% larger donation size compared to a generic landing page. From Thanksgiving onwards generosity skyrockets, causing people to be more generous with their time and money to help support causes they care about, so don’t miss out on these grand opportunities!
Since the end of the year is generally a high-return time for donations, look into partnering with a few businesses that would be willing to offer a donation match. Market the donation match on your website, it is a marketing tool known as a call to action that increases the likelihood of a donation being made when someone visits your website.